About the Job
About Hutchinson Aerospace & Industry, Inc.
Hutchinson Aerospace and Industry, HIUS, formerly known as Barry Controls Defense and Industrial, is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of engineered solutions for the control of shock and vibration. HIUS is a unit of Hutchinson Worldwide, a market leader in the industrial rubber sector and a subsidiary of TOTAL - one of the top five largest oil and gas companies in the world with operations in more than 130 countries. Our diverse and dynamic environment emphasizes both personal and professional growth. We owe our success to our employees who combine their strong technical abilities with business development skills for an exciting and rewarding future. ISO 9001 & 14001 / AS9100 / TS 16949 More information is available on the Internet at www. hutchinsonai. com www. hutchinsonworldwide. com www. total. com
About this Job
Hutchinson Aerospace and Industry, HIUS, an industry leader in the design and manufacture of engineered solutions for the control of shock and vibration has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain - Materials Planner / Scheduler at our Hopkinton, MA facility.
Supply Chain – Materials Planner / Scheduler
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain – Materials Planner / Scheduler to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for activities related to planning and scheduling utilizing Oracle ERP/MRP in a job-shop environment for HIUS manufacturing facilities located in Ithaca Michigan and Hopkinton MA. This will include but not be limited to material and resource planning and scheduling, inventory optimization, Kanban signaling and expediting, in order to achieve schedule conformance and on time delivery to our customers.
- Plans and establishes production schedules.
- Monitors materials inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors which affect schedules
- Establish MRP schedule to meet build and procurement optimization, stock replenishment and on-time delivery to customers.
- Review and set safety stock levels on visual kanban triggers
- Identify and escalate sales order booking issues and on-time delivery.
- Ensure timely/accurate Bill of Material, BOM, management to align with Engineering Change Orders, ECO, and new product introduction.
- Plan optimal inventory levels and coordinate actions to address excess and obsolete.
- Identify and deploy tools and process improvements for planning and execution of material delivery.
- Coordination of internal job release prerequisites (Incoming Inspection, kitting, receiving, etc.)
- Apply planning variables (e.g. yield, material lead time, capacity constraints, etc.) to job scheduling.
- Maintain alignment between job scheduling and customer orders through backlog reviews with supporting functions.
- Identify and initiate corrective actions to recurring root causes that cause missed schedules.
- Development and execution of material flow strategies to reduce overall work-cell inventories
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BS or MS degree in Supply Chain Management preferred or combination of education and production scheduling experience gained through internship or studies.
- Experience using MRP tools and management of related data.
- Knowledge of Capacity planning, shop floor scheduling and other MRP applications and visual pull systems
- Knowledge of materials practices converting forecast to MRP and Capacity Planning within a Lean factory environment.
- Oracle ERP application experience is highly desirable
- US Citizen or permanent resident
Competitive compensation and benefit package. Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume along to:
• Post ID: 51925677 worcester