Responsible for Monitoring & Auditing, Good Manufacturing Practices,
product quality and safety, preoperational inspections, perform line clearance,
batch record review; perform SSOP inspections, product testing, maintain the Approved Supplier List,
troubleshoot and investigate quality issues, and sanitation.
In the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager the Quality Assurance Technicians report to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
Requirements Education: High School Or Equivalent
Experience: Required – 1 year experience at USDA regulated food manufacturing industry.
Preferred – 2 years of work experience in GFSI certified facility
Skills, knowledge & abilities:
Know production process, be able to think quickly, be a good communicator,
perform quality work, understand USDA regulations, HACCP, GMP’S, SSOP’s,
and labeling requirements
Body positions: Standing, sitting, walking, climbing ladders and stairs
Body movements: Full mobility of limbs, head and neck, manual dexterity, use of hand and power tools
Body senses: Good eyesight (aided or unaided), color vision; good hearing (aided or unaided)
Mathematical: Ability to accurately measure and count
Language: Must be able to speak English clearly
Mechanical: Able to understand production equipment and layouts.
Environment involves exposure to meat and food preparation and storage areas
where the environment is extremely cold and moderately noisy,
and sanitation requirements must be met is required.
(All physical and mental requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities)
Essential Functions (primary duties)
• Maintain all required paperwork, jobs sheets, time sheets
• Behave in a courteous and professional manner
• Have a neat and clean appearance
• Keep Quality Assurance Manager informed at all times of job status, man-hours and materials used on projects, issues and problems, required time off
• Audit Pre-Operational Sanitation and perform swab testing
• Monitor Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
• Monitor Good Manufacturing Practices
• Monitor HACCP Critical Control Points
• Monitor interior pest control on off weeks
• Monitor Allergen Control Program
• Monitor Intervention Procedures
• Monitor gas levels in modified atmosphere packaging
• Monitor Label Reconciliation Program
• Perform inspection of incoming raw materials, ingredients and primary packaging
• Perform robust sampling for applicable ground beef products
• Assist in training when required
• Assemble samples product sales samples as required
• Follows J&G Foods Inc. GMP procedures and other procedures
Abilities, Traits & Responsibilities
• Judgment and decision making.
• Seeking guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
• Keeping the Quality Assurance Manager informed about the status of work being performed.
• Informs the Quality Assurance Manager about problems and potential problems as early as possible.
• Offers possible solutions for problems that arise.
• Respecting the confidentiality of Company, customer and personnel information.
• Maintaining cooperative working relationships with supervisors and other staff members.
• Making the best use of time.
• Performing all duties in an independent manner with little supervision.
• Recognizing and performing duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned, and assisting others as needed.
• Attendance and reliability.
• Not abusing or taking advantage of personal days off.
• Maintaining the work area in a neat and orderly manner.
• Maintaining a well groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position and situation.
• Performing other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Measures of Performance
• Minimize associate’s down time or time spent in non-productive activities
• Excellent attendance record
This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties.
You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Apply today at jobs.choice1temps.com!
Choice1Temps specializes in connecting Massachusetts’ leading employers
with skilled administrative and light industrial workers.
We are a locally owned company building on three decades of relationships and as a result we offer customized
recruiting and testing for your short-term, long-term, and temp-to-hire positions.
In addition, we take a unique approach to our employment services.
• Post ID: 45918083 worcester